How everything started, who I am, where to talk with me and other interesting tidbits.
jKit was born in the summer of 2012. After developing almost two dozen jQuery plugins over the past years, some for myself and some for client projects at the company I work (deep AG), it was time to create something bigger and better, especially as we needed a frontend library at our company that was easy to use for our publishers and had the features we needed. But only after implementing the first few features, I started to see the real potential for this toolkit. With only about 1k per command, the plugin could add quite a lot of useful features without getting to big in size. It would meen for us that we could add this toolkit together with jQuery onto all our new client projects and easily have all the features we needed in 95% of all cases, with the benefit, that the API was easy to use and consistent. And now we’re here, with a really feature rich UI toolkit that meets our needs and gets better almost every day, mainly because we actually use it and hopefully because of the input you can give is for perfecting it more and more. I really hope you like jKit as much as I do, because at the end of the day we can all benefit from the knowledge and experiences of each others, getting this baby somewhere not even I imagine right now.
- Easy to use, even for non programmers
- Small enough to put on all your pages
- Including all the features we need most often
- Stable and consistent API
- Extendable without making it more complicated
- Completely stylable with your own CSS
- Cross browser and platform (IE7+, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Webkit Mobile)
- Playing friendly with other scripts and plugins